Thursday, May 24, 2007

good ol' campfires





























That's me way in the corner of the alcove, participating in the clean up of cow dung that was estimated to be b/t 50-90 years old. It was hard, but easy to gather. Alysia holds her favorite two piles so far! But, we were able to enjoy a three chunk cow dung campfire. I got up to use the faciliTREES in the middle of the night and it was still going!

The next morning, climbing into the alcove, I pulled a big rock off a ledge (Sage is standing next to the next big that 's gonna fall when someone pulls hard enough) and it almost landed on my leg and ankle. It was a close call that could've turned a normal, boring trip that you write about on the internet, into an epic that you later tell everyone how you hopped out on one leg and everyone else carried your backpack.
I guess I have a guardian angel...

No comments: