Saturday, November 7, 2009

south side of mt. quandary

I decided to go for a hike near the trailhead for the west ridge trail up Mt. Quandary,
the local 14'er, or peak over 14000 ft.

[ mt. quandary ]

I spotted a family of mountain goats resting on a rock from down below,
and hiked way far left to get a good angle to take some pics with good sunlight.

Looking up the south face. Some folks ski those chutes, but I haven't yet.

I was hanging out for a while when I started making my way up very, very slowly, trying not to spook the herd. All of a sudden, I hear this noise and look to my right, when I spot a guy in jeans hiking up with his camera too. He did not have the stealth approach I was going for, and scared the herd away. These were the best shots I got that day.

At least the Pika came out for me.

Blue Lakes Reservoir



Lichen these shots? Sorry, had to.

These Rock! Ok, I'll stop.




A truck driven by a local couple seemed to be tossing out some tasty snacks, because they literally had the herd in their hand and I had to drive super slow, so as not to disturb the feast.

No comments: